Sunday, September 03, 2006



smoggy sunset




rearview mirror pic in my first chilean cab

friend stefan, from germany, snapping a shot from a cable car ride overlooking the city

kind of a crazy looking clown/mime about to tell me in spanish not to take pictures

barney loves chilenos, chilenos love barney, ellos son un familia feliz

new & old styles colliding downtown

my neck of the woods - called providencia

These are just a few more pics that I have of the city.

I am about to start my first full week of work tomorrow. Patricio, with whom I am staying, had a birthday this last week and it marked the family coming over, a few friends, much sweet food and a gaggle of mini-pizzas. Also, one of Patrice's friends, who did not speak much English, after about 3 hours at the party asked me if I liked tongue twisters. Who doesn't. He then proceeded to then rattle off the "wood chuck chucking wood" sentence with a fair amount of clarity. You just never know what's going to happen next.

Also, I played tennis today with a kid who Patricio knew (about 16 years old or so) and got it handed to me. But, I played on clay for the first time and that was pretty great. And it made my socks super dirty.

Spanish = slowly but surely.

Job search = begins......now.

Getting ready for conference in Germany = quickly approaching and I'm looking forward to it.

The song "Mushaboom" by Feist = my recent favorite.

All for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Chile!!!